Tip 5 of 25 ways to eat more fruit and veg
Add pumpkin to pancakes or waffles
Waffles and pancakes don’t have to be naughty to be nice. Add some pureed pumpkin to your traditional mix or try this recipe for waffles:
- 120g buckwheat flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tin pureed pumpkin
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp flaxseeds
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 240 milk of your choice
- Combine buckwheat flour, baking powder, salt, ginger, allspice, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
- Whisk in pureed pumpkin, vanilla extact, flaxseeds, maple syrup, and milk.
- Let the mixture stand for 10 minutes.
- Heat up the waffle iron or get the skillet on the hob to heat up.
- Coat the pan or iron with coconut oil, tip in the mix and cook until it bubbles (skillet only) before flipping onto the other side.
Perfect served with mashed avocado, smoked salmon and a poached egg.